Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Office Gallery Wall Art

I've been working on a small gallery wall for my office.  Here is one of the projects that I am very excited about.
I bought a frame for $2.00 at Goodwill and spray painted it black.

My friend Gloria, the art teacher from one of the schools that I work for, made this to show the kids a craft project that they could work on during the school fundraiser walk-a-thon. I was in charge of the cookie decorating table. I had frosting in my hair, all over my clothes, and I smelled very sweet. Using metal tooling foil, which is thicker than aluminum foil, she carved/drew into the foil using a pen.  She is so talented and did this in minutes.  I loved it so much, she gave it to me. I was going to try my own, but I knew it would never look like this one.
I hot glued it to a piece of black card stock.
It is so cute and the best part about it, the total cost was $2.00.  Love it!

3 comments:

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} 12/07/2010  

You have to love a $2 project...especially when it's super cute and makes you so happy!

Danielle Oakey Interiors 12/07/2010  

wow, this is so great! i love the price!

Amy @ Journey Mum 12/12/2010  

That is incredible! I never would have known that art piece was made that way.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...