Monday, February 7, 2011

Week-End Finds

I've been on the lookout for a coffee table or bench that I could use as a base for a bench for my room.  I kept turning up empty handed.  I was about to just go to Home Depot and buy prefabricated legs and move forward.  I ended up at the Faith Farm Thrift Store sale this weekend and found just what I was looking for.  I found this Formica topped mid-century coffee table for $7.00.  It is obviously much bigger than the size we need, but what I want is the legs.


I've been working on some inspiration ideas....more on that tomorrow.

I also found this hanging light for $2.00.  I am picturing it painted white and hanging in a small walk-in closet or a little girls reading nook.  Unfortunately, I don't have either, so I may be looking for a new owner for this or adding to my pile of stuff in the shed.  I figured for $2.00 why not.

Have you had any good finds?

7 comments:

KLM 2/07/2011  

What great finds, that table is awesome especially for $7.00! And that little light will look great re-finished!

We stopped at the Goodwill this weekend and I scored a cabinet for $20.00. It will be perfect for storing all of my sons toys, hidden from view. It's currently being repainted... going to add one more coat and it should be finished!

Rashon Carraway 2/07/2011  

Is this the Faith Farm in Florida? Another blog friend finds so many amazing pieces there. The $7 table was spot on!

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

jeanette from everton terrace 2/07/2011  

$7 for that table is just great, can't wait to see what you create. The light fixture is uniquely fantastic. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it which makes me love it!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} 2/07/2011  

I never find anything good at my Goodwill!!! I need to find a new one!

Great finds...and congrats on your features!!

Anonymous,  2/07/2011  

great finds! i love the chairs in your coffee table photo!!! :)

LBB 2/07/2011  

Great table! I love when I find a great item like that!

Allison@FabRehab 2/07/2011  

Perfect...now you are enabling me to go to Goodwill this afternoon! ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...