Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tweaking my Family Room

Last week, my husband was away on business, got back and had a crazy amount of work.  I got flowers out of the deal. He was trying to sweeten me up after being out of the house for days.  I would have to say, this is my favorite combination of colors in flowers. So bright and pretty.

A light bulb went off when I placed them in my family room.  What if I go with that color scheme for my pillows.  It would be perfect for spring and summer and my family room could use a little color. Everything is brown, grey, white, and these green pillows.
So I'm on a hunt for fabric or actual pillow covers already made.  Any suggestions?  I'm thinking an Ikat in coral, watermelon colors and then some type of geometric in the coral/watermelon family. I've been searching on Etsy but I have a really hard time mixing patterns and wondering if it really goes. There are so many choices...please help!

6 comments:

KLM 4/12/2011  

I think the coral/watermelon color will work great for that space and match the colors perfectly, that you already have in there.

As far as pattern I can really see the ikat pattern and maybe add in some quatrefoil patterned fabric.

Danika Herrick 4/12/2011  

You are incredibly sweet and made my day! I linked you back because you are a DIY superstar!
xoxo
Danika

elizabeth@themustardceiling 4/12/2011  

I think the coral ikat will add a nice pop to your room. When mixing patterns try for different scale in patterns. I could see a fun stripe with the ikat. In my opinion, scale is the big factor, one smaller, one larger.

A Vintage Vine 4/12/2011  

I love MASONMOONBEAMS for pillow covers...it is an Etsy shop....don't know it they have anything like that....made she could find fabric for you.

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons 4/12/2011  

Go with your gut! If you stay within your colors or a theme then the pillows will all totally match! I love the idea for sprucing up the family room with some new pillows! <3 Mine are all the same right now and I'm itching to add a few oddballs into the mix for a fun pop of color!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} 4/18/2011  

Love the peek of your sunburst mirror too! Can't wait to try one of my own!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...