Thursday, September 29, 2011

Family Room Updates

It seems like our family room is ever evolving.  It was actually the first room I redid while blogging.  I've recently added some new accessories.  My sister Ivette decided to give me a gift as a thank you for redoing her apartment.  I told her she was ridiculous and that all her projects made for some good blogging content.  That's enough of a thank you.  However, she insisted.  Well, I happily obliged.  She bought me the Gaser Rug from Ikea. It's a grey, really high pile rug. It feels delicious underfoot and I'm loving it.  Our last rug was a creamy white Ikea Vitten rug, which we loved for a good two years.  It, however, was looking really dingy.  So a new rug was very welcome.  Thanks Ivette!
Last week, my mom,  sister Jessica, and I headed to Ikea.  I bought the Eivor throw. I am loving anything black and white stripes and I had to have it.
I also bought the Gurli throw as an everyday comfy throw.  I've already taken a few naps with it and I love it. 
Here's another angle of the room.
Here's a close up of the rug.  It has grey and white threads that give it a great texture.
Here you can see my flower pouf in this angle.

Of course, for those who haven't been reading for long, a reminder of our family room when we bought the house.
My house seems to be always changing, but I love it that way.  I guess that's why I took up blogging.




13 comments:

Cassie Bustamante 9/29/2011  

holy smokes it is totally different! i love the rug and the pouf and the open clean feeling.

mary 9/29/2011  

The room looks amazing!!!! I love the new rug and throws too! So open and light and airy and comfy! Love.it. MAJOR TRANSFORMATION looking back!!! WOW! xox!

Maury @ Life on Mars 9/29/2011  

Oh my goodness! What a huge difference. It looks amazing. What a bright and airy space compared to the original!

The Adventures of Ordy and Joon 9/29/2011  

It looks so clean and open!!! I love the natural lighting!!

Andi 9/29/2011  

WHOA!!! It's like night and day, literally ;) Amazing transformation and I love the new rug. Looks so soft!

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} 9/29/2011  

The rug is perfect! I am running to ikea for the black and white stripe throw! It must be wonderful to have all of that natural light!

Tiffany {Living Savvy}

Jacqueline 9/29/2011  

Love your living room! Especially your new rug.

Dara M. 9/29/2011  

Your family room looks amazing. I hadn't seen the before pictures at all and now looking at the room as it is now, is such an amazing transformation. Congrats on all of your hard work.

Stitchfork 9/29/2011  

Wow - what a makeover! Love all the windows too!
xo Cathy

Ali Richardson 9/29/2011  

Gorgeous!!! I love it all! Oh, and i mUST have that striped throw!!!

A room with a view 9/29/2011  

It looks fabulous. You have amazing windows and therefore so much great natural light in the space. The rug is great - so much texture and I am sure so comfy.

Marci 9/29/2011  

I love the open airy feeling of your family room and the new throws are fabulous. I could curl up there.

Casa De Luna 10/13/2011  

Look at all of that light! You took 50 years off of that room. I am a big fan of Ikea too! Unfortunately it requires a 3hr pilgrimage by car to get there...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...