Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Painted Vanity Table

I had a crazy busy day yesterday.  I left work and got home five hours later.  I was exhausted.  I have an easy project for you today.  I'm still trying to catch up on posts from my sister Ivette's apartment.  She found this vanity on Craigslist and she couldn't pass it up. The lines are so cute.  She brought it straight to my house for some paint.

I used Annie Sloan chalk paint in old white.  Look at the mirror compartment.
Here she is.   I didn't get a straight on angle because of the placement in the room.  She had a small area that she used to sit on the floor and do her make up and hair.  The vanity is a perfect fit.
Look at these gorgeous handles from Anthropologie. We did some light sanding on the edges.
What do you think?  I love its new look.

I'll be linking up to these parties

13 comments:

Cassie Bustamante 10/04/2011  

i love it! i love those curvy legs, and the crystal knobs. it is gorgeous.

ARK 10/04/2011  

beautiful!! love the knobs!

Delightful Deets 10/04/2011  

So pretty, love the legs and the color! I love all of Anthropologie's knobs!

Ali Richardson 10/04/2011  

SO pretty! A perfect transformation (& I love those knobs!). Oh, did you ever figure out what I need to do to claim my labels???

A room with a view 10/04/2011  

Nicely done! Love the hardware from anthropologie.

Cynthia 10/04/2011  

This is sooo sweet! Those knobs are perfect!

Carrie @ Hazardous Design 10/04/2011  

This is absolutely gorgeous. Nice touch with the new knobs!

Lesley 10/05/2011  

Purtee!
You're such a tease showing me what you got me for my birthday. Feel free to ship it any time!

Ms.JayQue 10/05/2011  

That is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. I'm loving the shape of the legs and the flip-up mirror....I wish I had one!

Rachel 10/07/2011  

I love those curvy legs! Wish it were mine.
Rachel
adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

Courtney 10/20/2011  

This is totally awesome! I just love it! I would love if you would come link this up at the Thursday Crazy Cute link party today!

www.betweenuandme.com

Anonymous,  10/26/2011  

Hello,
Thank you so much for sharing all the beautiful things with us. I have a question for you as I am so inspired by what you did here. I have tried to paint my old chair to give it a life.. but I think that it does look so bad.. - maybe my paint skill is not good.. or did something not right. Will I have to send the chair (furniture) before I paint over? Can I just spay for the first coat? What is your steps to complete the paint project?
Jeesoo from Boston, MA

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...